Take some advice from our expert inspections on sewer lines:
• Many home buyers are not aware that they are purchasing the buried sanitary sewer line all the way to the street.
• Unless totally blocked, these lines are not likely to show problems on a home inspection.
• Repair or replacement can run $5,000-$15,000.
• Homes built prior to the 1970's generally were built with clay drainage/ sewer pipes that can break and separate over time.
• Heavily wooded lots can be prone to root invasion.
• Estimates show that older neighborhoods, such as Irvington, Broad Ripple, and Fountain Square are still 75% clay sewer lines.
• A sanitary sewer line inspection is the only way to know the integrity of this line.
HouseMaster now offers sewer cam inspections. If you are considering an older home, you can SEE WHAT YOU ARE BUYING down below the ground!
Ask for a sewer cam inspection along with your full home inspection today.